If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (270) 796-8080

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How To Avoid Mold Growth in Your Restaurant

2/21/2018 (Permalink)

No business wants to deal with mold growth. However, it can be particularly disastrous for a restaurant in Bowling Green, KY. A place that serves food will need to shut down temporarily until the mold problem is addressed. Whether the culprit is water damage or high humidity, the people who operate the establishment need to remain proactive to avoid mold development in the future.

1. Keep Humidity Level Below 40 Percent

A lot of humidity can build up in a restaurant. Ideally, you want to keep the overall humidity level under 40 percent. You can accomplish this by installing dehumidifiers in key areas, such as the bathroom, kitchen and basement.

2. Clean Appliances Regularly

Someone should be in charge of cleaning all the appliances, silverware and countertops frequently. The fridge should be cleaned once a month. You also want to ensure you clean off all mops, sponges and towels regularly. If they begin to smell musty, then you know mold growth is beginning.

3. Inspect All Food Before Using

Whether you purchase your ingredients from a local supermarket or receive them from an interstate truck, you want to inspect everything before using it. Make sure your chefs are trained to spot mold. This is particularly important when dealing with dairy.

4. Have Professional Inspections

It is much more preferable to spend money on preventive actions than risk your restaurant closing down. Hire a mold remediation team once every so often to come out and make sure there is no mold whatsoever in your building. Even if there is no mold, the team can tell you if there are any risk factors in place that could eventually lead to mold.

You do not want to risk the well-being of your restaurant just because someone forgot to clean the kitchen a few times. Make sure everyone who works for you is invested in preventing rapid mold growth.

For more information, visit http://www.SERVPROwarrencounty.com.

Other News

View Recent Posts