Information on Mold
Black Mold growing on drywall
MOLD IS A FUNGUS
-Like any fungus, mold sprouts from spores. Those spores are usually free floating in your environment at all times, and only need a catalyst to grow into an active fungus infestation. That catalyst is water in any form, whether it be a puddle or humidity in the air.
MOLD GROWS ON ORGANIC SURFACES
-That can include food and plant matter, but you would be surprised what else is considered "organic". That includes the drywall of your walls and ceilings, as well as furniture upholstery and wooden floorboards.
MOLD DOSEN'T ALWAYS START OFF BLACK
-Black mold can start off as green, gray, white or yellow before darkening through states to brown and then black.
If you suspect you have a mold issue, contact SERVPRO of Warren County 270-796-8080
New Marketing Representative
SERVPRO of Warren County is pleased to welcome Wesley Allen to the SERVPRO family. Wesley will be in our Sales and Marketing department.
Wesley is a Bowling Green native, and a graduate of Western Kentucky University. He has over 15 years experience in the insurance industry. In his time in Bowling Green he has made many connections and will be a valuable addition. He brings experience and a knowledge of the industry and an eagerness to learn more about the restoration industry.
In his spare time Wesley enjoys spending it watching his son play little league baseball and his daughter performing on stage. He also enjoys playing golf and cooking.
If you have any water issues please reach to Wes or any of the SERVPRO of Warren County team, twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, at 270-796-8080
Emergency Water Damage in Warren County, KY
SERVPRO can handle any size flood you could imagine! Call on us any time of day.
Large corporate business calls on SERVPRO of Warren County for water loss
On Thursday, February 13th, our owner at SERVPRO received an emergency service call for a water loss. A local insurance agency called to report a toilet backup that flooded two stories of their commercial building.
Our marketing department immediately was dispatched to the scene where we started the job file and documenting a mitigation plan. We always begin with taking pictures of the damage and measuring the property to turn into the insurance company. Then, our crews arrived to extract the standing water and remove the damaged materials. Finally, we set our industrial drying equipment for 3-5 days to ensure moisture is removed from the structure properly.
SERVPRO of Warren County is the trusted restoration company for business professionals and homeowners above any others. Call our office at (270) 796-8080.
SERVPRO Named "Franchise 500" Top Ten
Deemed by Entrepreneur Magazine, SERVPRO Industries has been named as the Franchise 500 Top Ten for 2020.
This prestigious honor was granted for our national growth and proven tenacity throughout the trying year that was 2020. Entrepreneur's article highlights our efforts towards the record-breaking hurricane season, blazing fires in the Western US, and rolling out a new COVID-19 cleaning protocol that has produced nearly $40 million dollars monthly. Two other franchise-based companies in the Top Ten were Taco Bell and Planet Fitness.
SERVPRO has ranked in the Top Ten for 8 years, and jumped 17 spots higher since 2019 for this year's placement. CEO Rick Isaacson projects the SERVPRO franchise number to grow from a current 1,841 across the U.S. to over 2,000 this year. He is quoted in the article to say "We're basically a first-response company... That's useful both when you're attacking a new challenge and when you're building an empire".
Additionally, SERVPRO was named #1 in the category of cleaning and restoration. We hold the largest market share among all competitors, which we see ring true here in Warren County. American's in all 50 states prefer to call SERVPRO for all water, fire, mold, and cleanup needs over any other company.
This award has proven to be a humbling honor for our team. We feel as though we played a large part in the overall success of SERVPRO by traveling to storm relief missions and protecting southern Kentucky from COVID-19. Our efforts to support customers, the community, insurance personnel, and first responders will always be our top focus.
Any time, any place, any call: SERPVRO of Warren County is there with you and for you. We are thrilled to be deemed a part of the Franchise 500 Top Ten!
Fire Cleanup in Bowling Green, KY
Check out our Facebook page for pictures of this garage completely restored by SERVPRO!
No matter the location of the fire, SERVPRO has you covered!
One of our latest fire restoration jobs was a garage fire in a house near WKU's campus. The fire is believed to be started by a malfunctioned mini refrigerator. Luckily, the residents of the home were unharmed and quickly knew they needed to call SERVPRO of Warren County.
The first step to this job was to remove the burnt contents that were in the garage. Our production technicians maintain a detailed inventory upon request that the client can submit to their insurance. We also set up our negative air machines, which purify the air to help remove the lingering smoke odor. Next, we removed the drywall and insulation that was unsalvageable to prepare for the reconstruction. Lastly, we treated the wood studs for odor removal, replaced the drywall, and got ready to paint and perform the final touches. Our technicians and Production Manager maintained constant communication with the homeowner to make sure they were satisfied with our performance!
SERVPRO of Warren County is the #1 preferred vendor for fire cleanup, so call on us whenever you experience a loss! (270) 796-8080
Commercial Water Damage in Bowling Green, KY
Even holidays can't stop SERVPRO and water damage!
Black Friday water loss? That's no big deal!
SERVPRO of Warren County handles large commercial restoration jobs, too! We received a call around 2:00am on Black Friday from a factory in Bowling Green that had a malfunctioned sprinkler system. Their large storage warehouse was flooded, which ruined some of their materials and required drying experts like SERVPRO.
We immediately crafted a game plan with our crews, production manager, and marketing representative. All hands were on deck to assist in water extraction on drying equipment. We were able to bring in 12 employees and 50 air movers to help get the job completed quickly. The staff at this factory was overjoyed with our quick response and professionalism throughout the entire process. It is definitely our pleasure getting called to help in such a high-stress situation!
SERVPRO of Warren County is always "here to help"!
Why SERVPRO of Warren County is the #1 Choice
Any time, any size, any place, SERVPRO of Warren County is the #1 choice
SERVPRO of Warren County is the "jack of all trades"! Our services range from demolition to cleaning to drying and reconstruction. We find being well-rounded in our expertise as a top reason for being the #1 preferred restoration company in the nation! Here is a full list of services that SERVPRO of Warren County is certified to perform:
- Water Damage: Whether your water loss is from an appliance malfunction, a roof leak, disastrous flood, or ground water, we can fix it! Our technicians are certified by the IICRC to perform water mitigation and get your property back to before the loss.
- Fire Restoration: Fires can happen at anytime or any place. SERVPRO can help remove the damaged materials, clean the smoke and soot, and rebuild any size job.
- Mold Remediation: After you have an industrial hygienist examine the mold in your home or business, call on us to complete the remediation! We use a variety of techniques to remove and clean the microbial growth and make your home safe and healthy again.
- Sewage Cleanup: The most common types of sewage losses happen when heavy rains cause the drain systems to back up. This is the most bacteria-filled water that can flood a home, so calling on us immediately is the best way to avoid further damage.
- Biohazard Material Cleanup: SERVPRO certifies select technicians to handle our biohazard cleanups. This category consists of bodily fluid losses in crime scenes or chemical spills at factories.
- Storm Damage: Just in 2020 alone, our storm team has traveled to 7 major US cities to mitigate houses affected by floods and hurricanes. When heavy storms or tornadoes affect our community, SERVPRO will be on the front lines ready to help.
- COVID-19 Cleanings: Our world has been flipped upside down with this pandemic, and SERVPRO knew we were the team that could help sanitize for COVID-19 contaminations.
- Odor Removal: A negative air machine or an ozone machine is the answer to many odor issues you could experience. Our SERVPRO technology removes the air from any affected room and "scrubs" it clean. Many of our calls come from customers who have had smoke damage or animal smells.
- Pack-out and Inventory Services: Homeowners call on SERVPRO when they need a house emptied and inventoried after a loss or for a move-out. Our crews take detailed notes, pictures, and files for the easiest convenience and organization.
- Carpet and Air Duct Cleanings: These 2 services are easy to forget about needing, but can be detrimental to staying healthy in your home! We offer free quotes and can work with any schedule you may need.
- Reconstruction: After damaged materials are removed, the "put back" portion of mitigation begins. SERVPRO of Warren County started as a construction company, so you can trust in our long-term knowledge.
- Call on us or visit our Facebook page for more!
Commercial Air Duct Cleaning in Bowling Green, KY
Getting your air ducts cleaned can be a simple fix to some health concerns in your commercial building!
Did you know SERVPRO of Warren County offers air duct cleanings for residential and commercial properties? We sure do!
This type of cleaning is an easy one to forget about, but is a top precaution for health concerns. The dust buildup and allergens that remain in the ducts overtime can affect customers or employees in your building. A good sign of a possible problem would be sneezing occurs when walking into the building, or any change in the respiratory system. We encourage our clients that own commercial properties to get an air duct cleaning about every 1-2 years.
Our pricing varies depending on the specific needs of the customer, how many registers are in the property, and the severity of the cleaning. Call our office at 270-796-8080 for a free estimate on this service!
Apartment Complex Restoration: Who is Responsible?
If you live in an apartment or a renting situation, knowing your rights and responsibilities is critical during the restoration process. Here are a few general tips and bits of knowledge to keep in mind for your home.
- Renters Insurance is Critical! Even if your landlord doesn't require a renters insurance policy, this is the only way you can guarantee your contents and belongings are safe. Our Marketing Representative mentioned that her renters policy even covers the belongings in her vehicle being stolen as long as it occurs at her apartment. We encourage you to ask an agent about the possibilities.
- Review and Understand your Lease! Your lease should outline procedures for property damage and what the landlord will cover. If it is not, make sure to reach out to them and clarify the plan of action for any water or fire damage.
- Ask your Landlord to call SERVPRO! We can perform restoration services for any water, fire, mold, or storm damage you may have at your apartment with the landlord's permission. Encouraging them to call us as the #1 restoration company in the nation can ensure your home is taken care of as fast as possible! We can also provide content management and inventory services for you.
Call on us today with any questions or property damage needs! 270-796-8080
Winter Weather in Bowling Green, KY
No storm is too big for SERVPRO of Warren County!
How To Prepare Your Home for the Winter:
As unpredictable as Kentucky weather is, we can always count on the temperatures dropping and winter storms. The biggest disasters can come from freezing pipes that burst and flood your home or commercial business. Here are a few ways that SERVPRO of Warren County recommends you do to prepare your home this winter.
1. Ensure your home is properly insulated to keep heat in. Double check windows and doors are not letting in outside air.
2. Learn how to shut off our water valves in case of freezing pipes. This will help minimize any water damage if the pipe was to burst.
3. Have extra heat sources on hand in case electricity goes out during a winter storm. This could be extra blankets, a wood stove, etc.
3. Make an emergency kit of food, water, and supplies that you could use for at least 3 days.
4. Be careful with space heaters and their placement. Heaters are the leading cause in house fires during the winter.
5. Keep battery operated chargers, flashlights, and radios ready.
SERVPRO of Warren County are your local experts in water and storm damage to any structure you may own. Call on us for any type of disaster.